Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray who?
(12-12-2014, 08:32 PM)stevejw Wrote: Not seen Carpet Crawlers from Steve's Albert Hall show? Just wow. Astonishing.

I've not seen that. The DVD is out now? I'll get it on my Christmas list! Smile

Actually, there were quite a few negative comments about the vocals on Hacketts Genesis Revisited tour as I recall. It seems that if you're not Gabriel or Collins, you're going to get it in the neck. I guess most people spare the tribute band vocalists because they're not professional singers or at least not claiming to be up there with Genesis themselves.

I was only having a similar discussion with the lighting crew at the Genesish gig this weekend just gone - Queen with Paul Rodgers. I was always a Queen fan. I've never seen Paul Rodgers perform and certainly not with Queen. But I could easily imagine Paul Rodgers getting negative feedback from Queen fans, as he was at the Genesish gig by people who HAD seen him.

Personally, I think it's fairly pointless to compare amateur and indeed other professional vocalists with the original singers. I mean, Freddie Mercury was arguably one of the greatest ever front men of a rock band ever, and the guy could sing a bit as well! How are you ever going to replace that? You're not. It's pointless to try. Instead, going in a different direction is a better idea. Phil Collins and Gabriel have VERY distinct vocals. It's one of the reasons that Genesis became so legendary. There is no way to replace them.
(15-12-2014, 01:57 AM)Andrew Prince Wrote:
(12-12-2014, 08:32 PM)stevejw Wrote: Not seen Carpet Crawlers from Steve's Albert Hall show? Just wow. Astonishing.

I've not seen that. The DVD is out now? I'll get it on my Christmas list! Smile

Actually, there were quite a few negative comments about the vocals on Hacketts Genesis Revisited tour as I recall.
I'm not sure I recall any? There were mixed comments about the album (most songs having a different vocalist so could always divide opinion?) - but on the tour Nad sang most of the tracks but with some guest appearances. He was fantastic.
The DVD is out of stock on Steve's site - but available at Amazon.. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genesis-Revisite...s_ep_dpi_2
Is Nad the painted Fish-wannabe that I've seen fronting Hackett's band on YouTube? Not into him at all, I'm afraid.

(12-12-2014, 08:32 PM)stevejw Wrote: Entitled to that opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.. Rolleyes Not seen Carpet Crawlers from Steve's Albert Hall show? Just wow. Astonishing.

If it's as bad as his performance with Genesis on the CAS tour, then I'd rather not see it Smile