Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better late than never!
Smile 
Hello everybody in the Mama world! Apologies for the slight delay in joining this warm community. Seems I've just woken up to 2012..! Thanks for including us, JW and Co, and all the Best of British for your up and coming gigs.
I would have been at the last Face value gig at The Boom Boom but I was in Iran for the day job (as illegal alcohol salesman... honest... ;-) This was during the week they stormed our Embassy... Undecided) In comparison, even the most astute Genesis fans are a forgiving crew.
We play Charterhouse on 7th July and plan to span the entire prog-years history in honour of the venue. A question.'Which song would you most like to hear from their VERY first album (From Genesis To Revelation)? The most popular song will be played.
Cheers
MikeWink
(25-01-2012, 12:29 AM)Mike Morton Wrote: Hello everybody in the Mama world! Apologies for the slight delay in joining this warm community. Seems I've just woken up to 2012..! Thanks for including us, JW and Co, and all the Best of British for your up and coming gigs.

Not a problem. Welcome to the forum Mike! Smile

Quote:I would have been at the last Face value gig at The Boom Boom but I was in Iran for the day job (as illegal alcohol salesman... honest... ;-) This was during the week they stormed our Embassy... Undecided)

It would appear you like to lead a quiet life! Hahaha. Tell us more about this day job! It sounds very interesting!

Quote:We play Charterhouse on 7th July and plan to span the entire prog-years history in honour of the venue. A question.'Which song would you most like to hear from their VERY first album (From Genesis To Revelation)? The most popular song will be played.

Alas, I know nothing of the very first Genesis album, despite my involvement with Mama. I really am going to have to do my research soon! Ooops!

Perhaps some of the guys in the band could give us their opinions? No doubt JW has an opinion because he has an opinion on ALL things Genesis. How about it JW? Smile
Has to be The Silent Sun.... But if you stretch credulity you could play Twilight Alehouse as some of that was written at Charterhouse
Best wishes

Cool

John
(26-01-2012, 09:53 PM)John Wilkinson Wrote: Has to be The Silent Sun.... But if you stretch credulity you could play Twilight Alehouse as some of that was written at Charterhouse
Stagnation

R
Alan
Well, from those heady days I personally like - Let Us Now Make Love, The Shepherd or Pacidy. Do they necessarilly nead to come from FGTR or can they just come from the Archive?