Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So tour 2013
(30-10-2013, 09:04 PM)Andrew Prince Wrote:
(30-10-2013, 08:46 PM)Gareth19791 Wrote: loved it

i was far too young for concerts when this album came out,and it was the first time i had seen Peter live,and it didn't disappoint,the visuals were brilliant,and i had a blast from start to finish

It was a great gig. Can't decide whether it was better than the Hackett gig in Liverpool though. The lights and sound were better for Gabriel. The music was Genesis for Hackett though. I'm going to buy the So album on the strength of the Gabriel gig though.

I wonder how many artistes can say that they toured a 25 year old tour done in roughly the same style as the original tour and prompted copies of the original album to sell again? Actually, I am wondering how many people recently bought the So album. How could I find out?

well i had it bought for me at Christmas along with my Ticket by my parents,i already had a digital copy

As for Steve,he along With Mike and the Mechanics is on the lists of concerts to do
(30-10-2013, 09:25 PM)Gareth19791 Wrote: As for Steve,he along With Mike and the Mechanics is on the lists of concerts to do

I've got tickets for Mike and his Mechanicals as well. Bolton Albert Halls. Smile
(30-10-2013, 09:47 PM)Andrew Prince Wrote:
(30-10-2013, 09:25 PM)Gareth19791 Wrote: As for Steve,he along With Mike and the Mechanics is on the lists of concerts to do

I've got tickets for Mike and his Mechanicals as well. Bolton Albert Halls. Smile

cool,i might even attempt to get one myself if there still available next month,although i suspect that may be a bridge too far,seeing there is hardly any left now
Fantasic gig apart from the start which I didn't enjoy at all...Sad

I would go again to see him if he tours this again next year
Best wishes

Cool

John
Have to disagree about the start...it was typical Gabriel, starting with a song that isn't finished and all of the house lights up. To me, one of the high points was where the house lights went out half way through Family Snapshot, signalling the start of the 'savoury' section!
(02-11-2013, 11:20 AM)andrewt1127 Wrote: Have to disagree about the start...it was typical Gabriel

I have to say, I've heard many people criticise the beginning of the Gabriel MEN Arena show but for me, I can't complain. Yes it was a bit unorthodox and yes it surprised me, but it was clearly part of the theatrics of the show and the impact was felt when the proper band kicked into life and the lights blasted the audience. It was theatre. It worked.

I think we sometimes forget that Gabriel is an artist more than he's a singer or performer. At least, that's the way it seems to me. I've never seen him do anything which doesn't contain his brand of art. If it's not art then he doesn't seem interested. At the end of the day, music and shows are art to me, before they are business or money or anything else.